Our licensed physical therapists are highly-skilled, experienced professionals whose goal is to help the patient achieve the highest level of functional independence as possible. Their focus is on functional mobility. Under the direction of a physician, the physical therapist provides the following services:
- Evaluation of therapy needs
- Therapeutic exercise training for strength, endurance, coordination, and balance
- Transfer and gait training, including how to use a walker, cane or prosthesis
- Muscle re-education, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound treatment
- Safety instruction
- Patient and family education
- Assistance with obtaining special equipment.